Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pressure

OK, so Occam's razor slapped me in the face this morning.  For a few days I've been feeling like I'm peddling in mud.  I wrote it off to being tired and the family cold going around.  Um, did you check your tire pressure lately?  15lbs in the trailer, 25 in the bike.  Fixed that and it feels like I just shed 20 pounds.  Arg, sometimes the obvious stuff kind of creeps up on you.  Bike maintenance has never been my strong suit.  Or, I should say, the regularity of it is not my strong suit.  I'm really pretty decent at it when I actually do it.  This spring it took my wife commenting that someone needed to bomb my bike with some tri-flow.  Today it took actually checking the tires.  You'd think I'd learn.  Guess this is a reminder to me and to others that when your car turns into a bike you really should spend a little more attention on maintaining those two wheels and a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment